Mercian / Area
As our club is a member of British Riding clubs we are put into ‘area’s’. Our area is in South Wales which comes under Area 15, there are 20 clubs in this area which all compete against each other at qualifiers in various disciplines. The winning team/individual will then go on to compete at the championships against clubs nationwide.
Please note: everyone competing at an area competition will need to:
- Ensure their horse/pony vaccinations are up to date.
- Present their horse’s passport with vaccination record at the competition alongside their membership card.
- Be prepared to compete at the championships should they qualify.
- Ensure their hat is to the correct standard. Hats will now be checked at all area competitions and tagged (BE and Pony Club tags will not be accepted).
- 2016 BRC Hat Tagging Guide for Competitors
- BETA FAQs
- BETA Press Statement 16.12.14
- Be aware of the British Riding Club Rules. These can be viewed on the BRC Website.
- British Riding Clubs 2016 Rule Changes and Amendments
Area Competitions Dates
Competition Dates for Area 15 Comps List-16-17
You can visit Southerdown Riding Club for further area information.
This year there are team competitions coming up for people of all levels. The Mercian competitions are 2’3 and 2’6 and are designed for weekend riders and those who fancy having a go at a bit of anything/everything.
If any take your fancy please do pick up the phone. These competitions are always friendly and fun, there is no pressure whatsoever, it’s just a good day out for horse and rider. Even if you have never competed before or think you aren’t good enough – you are!
Mercian Competition Dates: please go to the what’s on page, all area dates are in black
Mercian Representatives: awaiting updates
Mercian Rules: Mercian Rule Book-2017
Mercian Eligibility: Mercian Eligibility Table 2017
BRC Official Statement
In light of the precautionary decision by British Eventing to prohibit the wearing of helmet cams with immediate effect. British Riding Clubs have also followed this measure in the interest of safety and welfare of riders and horses. This is to allow for the independent completion of expert research to be concluded. Therefore rule G22.6 is replaced with immediate effect (13:00 hrs 17/10/2014) as follows:
G22.6: Electronic Devices
No Receiving, recording, transmitting or monitoring device maybe used by a competitor during any phase of a competition. Head Cams are prohibited from use at any BRC affiliated competitions.
This decision will naturally cause some disappointment to those that use head cams to record their achievements but I am sure you will agree that safety has to be a top priority and it would be wrong to not take into account the current research and investigations on-going with the (TRL) Transport Research Laboratory. The ruling will be reviewed once the independent research is concluded.